Friday, March 11, 2005

Jetsgo Gone

I've been trying to post this since my first cup of coffee this morning, but Blogger refuses to accept it.

Discount carrier Jetsgo announced early this morning that it is suspending operations, and will be seeking bankruptcy protection. I was wondering what their business motivation was for advertising one dollar fares to a number of destinations. Now I know. It was desperation.

Transport Canada was looking at the company for a few problems, but nothing that would have shut them down. They just weren't able to compete. All jokes, snide remarks, and competition-bashing aside, it's not the employees' fault. If your last paycheque said Jetsgo and you've just found out that there won't be a next one, I'm sorry to hear about you losing your job, and wish you the best of luck at finding the next one. Anyone advertising an MD-80 job this month is going to have a lot of applicants.

No comments: